Workshop: Exploring the World of Containers and Microservices
Format: Full-day hands-on workshop using your own laptop.
Price: 149 EUR (coffee and lunch included).
Registration: Seats are limited. Registration closes on April 22, 2016. Register now »
Unleash the awesome container power to fuel all your microservice dreams!
As a company/startup you need to be ahead of the crowd to deliver best-in-class digital solutions. Your customers expect you to build high-performance, scalable solutions that deliver minimal latency, high availability and a consistent user experience. As the trusted company, you’ll be turned to as the be-all, know-all expert on new and emerging disruptive technologies. And that’s where this workshop can help.
In this hands-on workshop we’ll discuss how you can transform the capabilities of your company, by adopting a polyglotic approach to application development through the use of container technologies. We’ll aim to give you the tools to mix and match technologies to come up with the best solution for building, deploying and managing projects for your company.
We’ll provide an overview of container technologies, workflows and microservice architectures, and how they can contribute to flexible app development. Using real life examples, we’ll deep dive into how best to manage container-based projects, allowing you to tinker with new development workflows using container technologies and start containerizing and developing microservices straight away.
Part 1. Container workflow and microservice architectures
You will learn:
- How containers can contribute to software craftsmanship
- The do’s and don’t of microservice architectures
- How to create containerized (using docker) services with security, performance and availability in mind
- Explore container workflows (using docker and docker-compose) and apply to their own practices
- The do’s and don’t of CI/CD microservices using containers and available CI/CD tools
Part 2. Containers in production and orchestration, debug, scale microservices
You will learn:
- Run containers in production on a cloud provider
- Scale, orchestrating, debugging containers in production
- Running off/on jobs with containers
- Apply things learned to own practices