Johannes is an Open Source enthusiast working for GitHub. In his current role, he is helping large companies in central and eastern Europe – to build and ship software better with GitHub Enterprise. Before his career at GitHub, he was leading multiple Java development teams across the world building large Git backends and integration platforms as Director of Engineering for CollabNet. Johannes holds a Master of Science from Hasso Plattner Institute Potsdam and is a certified Scrum Master, Product Owner and Jenkins Engineer.
Topic: DevOps @ GitHub – How we ship > 500 times a week to prod
Learn how GitHub’s globally distributed teams use GitHub tooling to develop and design GitHub, collaborate with engineering, sales, marketing and legal and deploy more than 500 times a week to the 50 most visited web site on the planet. Experience ChatOps, feature toggles and refactoring in production based on life demos and real examples.
– Zen of GitHub as guiding philosophy for any new feature work, nature of features, internal and external communication
– Remote nature of GitHub organization and its implications on standups, pair programming and working style
– Walk through the GitHub Flow based on examples from different teams (engineering, web site, legal, services, solution engineering)
– Introduction of GitHub’s deployment API and life demo
– Introduction into ChatOps – a great way to bridge the cultural gap between developers and ops and awesome on boarding tool
– ChatOps in the context of continuous deployment at GitHub
– Introduction to various deployment environments and queuing mechanisms- introduction to the confidence dashboard
– Introduction to Haystack
– Feature Toggles @ GitHub
– Refactoring in production @ GitHub
Level: Level 1 – Introductory and overview material. Assumes little expertise with topic and covers topic concepts, functions, features, and benefits.