Date: March 14, 2018
Time: 10.00 – 17.30
Date: March 14, 2018
About the workshop
Azure for Continuous Delivery
Continuous delivery is on of pillar stones of DevOps but can be very challenging. Luckily, Microsoft Azure has perfect tools to make it work. Azure resources can be deployed and configured using ARM templates, PowerShell, PowerShell DSC and many more tools. Mixing these tools allows us great control and automation of processes. In addition, Microsoft is only cloud provider that enabled deployment possible across private/hybrid/public cloud with their Azure/Azure Stack offering that helps us use same tools and processes no matter where we develop and deploy. We will discuss tools and processes that will allow us to deploy new resources for development/test/production with automation, control and quality.
In this workshop, we will talk about:
- Creating continuous delivery and creating dev/test/production environment using Infrastructure as a Code and how to use ARM, PowerShell and PowerShell DSC to create environment, automate and control process and security;
- How to use Azure DevTest Lab to enable control and security over your dev/test environment and how to use it for cost control;
- Using Infrastructure as a Code for continuous delivery from on-prem to cloud with Azure and Azure Stack offering;
- Docker, Chef, Puppet and other tools and how to get continuous delivery with them on Azure Workshop will focus on infrastructure, resources and environment.
- Introduction and Azure DevOps overview
- Introduction to Azure DevTest Labs – Infrastructure as a Code
- Application Monitoring in Azure
- VSTS, CI/CD in Cloud
Targeted audience are System Administrators and Engineers but anyone who wants to learn DevOps practices in Azure would benefit from this training.
Level 2 – Intermediate material. Assumes knowledge and provides specific details about the topic.
Attendees should have some kind of Azure subscribtion (any Azure subscribtion like MSDN, Trail, BizSpark etc).
Mustafa Toroman works as Senior System Engineer with Authority Partners. His main tasks are planning, deploying and maintenance of server and cloud infrastructure and solutions. Lately Mustafa is most interested and focused on Azure solutions. He has over 30 MS certificates such as MCITP: Database Administrator 2008, Server Administrator on Windows Server 2008 MCSA:Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 MCSE:Private Cloud, Business Intelligence, Data Platform, Server Infrastructure,Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, Data Management and Anayltics, MCSD: Azure Solution Architect. Mustafa Toroman is MCT since 2012 and Microsoft MVP for last 2 years.