Company: Grand Parade part of William Hill
Cloud Solution Architect with more than 8 years in IT. Co-leader of Cracow AWS User Group. Experienced in designing and implementing large, scalable and highly available solutions on AWS and beyond. AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional.
Introduction to Serverless with AWS
In this workshop we will build serverless applications using AWS. This is a comprehensive journey through serverless services, from simple Lambda function to full applications, with APIs and database integration. All secured, build with AWS best practices and monitored with AWS tools.
Part 1: Serverless fundamentals:
- Introduction to AWS
- Introduction to AWS Console
- What is serverless
Part 2: Lambda:
- Introduction to Lambda
- Lambda permissions
Part 3: Building applications:
- Event driven architecture
- REST API with API Gateway
- DynamoDB – noSQL database
Part 4: Monitoring and logging:
The main goal of this workshop is to teach you how to build scalable and highly available serverless applications using AWS.
The target audience includes:
- Anyone who wants to use modern technologies to build scalable and highly available applications.
- Developers who want to focus on writing business logic instead of managing infrastructure.
- DevOps engineers or any administrators who want to know how to deploy, secure and operate cloud native applications.
- Modern web browser.
- Basic understanding of cloud services.
- Basic programming skills. Most labs code is written in Python, but you don’t need any Python experience, all code is provided and explained.