Jonas Savickas is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), premier technical and instructional expert in Microsoft technologies, who is working as a consulting professional in the field of information technology for more than ten years. During each training, he strives to improve the effectiveness of work process while implementing IT and innovations.
Power of PowerShell
Time & Date
9:00, 24 March
Scripting and Automation – get to know PowerShell as overwhelming tool to automate your work and be more effective. Workshop brings fundamental knowledge and skills to use PowerShell for automating configuration and reporting. Provides participants the skills to identify and build the command they require to perform a specific task. Participants will learn how to build scripts to automate repetitive configuration tasks and generate reports.
This workshop will not focus on specific product, although Windows environment will serve as the example for the techniques this workshop teaches.
Getting started with PowerShell
- Windows PowerShell vs. PowerShell Core.
- How to know what to do before you know it all.
- Work methodology – from problem to solution with PowerShell.
Heart of PowerShell
- Filtering and enumerating.
- Administering remote computers and Remoting.
- The pipeline: To use or not to use.
Scripting – shaping your code to be reusable
- Working with variables, arrays, and hash tables.
- Implementing functions and modules.
- Using Microsoft .NET Framework in Windows PowerShell.
Expand your comfort zone with scripting and add PowerShell to your toolbox.
No prior experience with any version of PowerShell is assumed. For IT Professionals who are already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration. Suitable for IT Professionals experienced in server administration, including Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, SQL Server, System Center, and others.
- Windows 10 environment.
- Local administrator user rights.
- Internet connection.