A1 Digital, Austria
M. K. Čiurlionio str. 84, Vilnius, Lithuania
Time & Date
10:00, 19 March
DevOps Engineer and Animated Video Maker with a thing for the unusual: wrote a container engine in C++, dependency injector in Java, built a CDN for a personal website.
Cloud Automation with Terraform and Ansible
This workshop will guide you through the basics of automating cloud setups with Ansible and Terraform. Learn how Infrastructure as Code works and how to use these tools to the best effect.
Section 1: Ansible basics
– What is Ansible and how does it work?
– Running commands with Ansible
– Writing Ansible playbooks
Section 2: Advanced Ansible
– Passing data between Ansible commands
– Dynamic inventory
– Creating a multi-server cloud architecture with Ansible
Section 3: Terraform basics
– What is Terraform and how does it work?
– Provisioning cloud resources with Terraform
– Passing data between Terraform resources
Section 4: Advanced Terraform
– Using Terraform provisioners to install software
– Using user-data (cloud-init) to install software
– Packing up Ansible and shipping it with Terraform
# Your equipment
– You will need a Linux, MacOS or Windows laptop
– Windows users: please install the PuTTY suite from here: https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html
– Linux users: please install the OpenSSH client
# Previous knowledge
In order to participate in the workshop, you will need:
– To have basic knowledge of running a server
– A basic understanding how the cloud works (what a VM and an IP address is)
– A basic understanding on Linux scripting (bash)